Amanda Seyfried (Sylvia Weis). 27-year-old daughter daugter of the 90-year old billionaire, time-loaning businessman Phillipe Weis.
Justin Timberlake (Will Salas). 28-year-old factory worker who lives in the ghettos (Dayton).
Olivia Wilde (Rachel). 50-year old mom of Will who also live in the ghettos.
Johnny Galecki (Borel). Best friend of Will.
Matt Bomer (Henry Hamilton). A rich man who visited the ghettos with around 105 years in his clock.
Vincent Kartheiser (Phillipe Weis). The owner of the Time Lending company who is too influential that he can brive timekeepers for his own benefit.
Elena Satine (Jasmine).
Alex Pettyfer (Fortis). The 75-year old mobster boss of a gang called the Minutemen, who are infamous for stealing other people’s time by force.
Cillian Murphy (Raymond León). A veteran timekeeper deployed to capture Will.
Director: Andrew Niccol
Written by: Andrew Niccol
Distributed by: 20th Century Fox
Running Time: 115 minutes
Release Date: October 28, 2011
Movie settings: Futuristic ghettos (Dayton) and futuristic rich City known as New Greenwich
Plot Summary: In the not-too-distant future the aging gene has been switched off. To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency and the way people pay for luxuries and necessities. The rich can live forever, while the rest try to negotiate for their immortality else they die young. A poor young man who comes into a fortune of time, though too late to help his mother from dying. He ends up on the run from a corrupt police force known as ‘time keepers’.
Reasons to watch it.
1. The movie is moving away from many 3D effects or motion graphics effects, making the film more realistic.
2. It projects reality and relation to the current social issues, porverty, and health problems which is caused by capitalism. Thousands of people die but majority of the population don’t really care about it.
3. It describes extreme power that rich people can do over the minorities.
4. The movie depicts the significance of time. We should not waste it, always use time with quality.
5. The film never gets boring.There’s always something chasing from behind which makes you feel focus on the next few scenes.
Reasons NOT to watch it.
1. The film suffered with Justin Timberlake’s acting.He needs to polish how to act in front of the camera. He was having difficulty showing his emotions specially in the scene where he has to cry because his mom died. Thanks to Andrew Niccol, he chose a different camera angle for it to look better.
2. The setting isn’t really that futuristic. It looks a retro to me. The ghetto buildings, the luxury cars, the buildings, the monitoring cameras, the bridges, streets, etc.